Kids on Courts - The purpose of The Mardy Fish Children’s Foundation – Kids on Courts Grant is to grow the game of tennis by assisting Community Based Organizations, schools and tennis outreach programs in initiating, expanding, or enhancing their tennis program while including health, fitness and nutrition components on the courts. Eligible Applicants include Schools, Community Based Organizations and Tennis Outreach Programs.
Kids in Motion - The purpose of The Mardy Fish Children’s Foundation – Kids in Motion Grant is to assist Schools & Community Based Organizations in initiating, expanding, or enhancing their health, fitness, nutrition, or enrichment programs. Eligible Applicants include, Schools and Community Based Organizations.
Mardy Fish Children’s Foundation Grant Fast Facts:
Purpose: The purpose of The Mardy Fish Children’s Foundation – Kids on Courts and Kids in Motion Grant is to assist Community Based Organizations & Tennis Outreach Programs in initiating, expanding, or enhancing their health, fitness or nutrition component of their programs.
Eligible Applicants: Community Based Organizations or Schools and Tennis Outreach Program (non-exclusive).
Absolute Priority: The expressed priority is on safety and wellness to help children learn and build on lifelong healthy habits that surround the health, fitness and nutrition for children grades Kdg-12th grade. Additionally, this program requires that an applicant propose a program that will address healthy habits, progressive tennis skills, life skills, physical fitness and nutrition for youth.
REQUIREMENT: Organization or Program receiving grants will commit to the following requirements:
- Participating in or volunteering for the Mardy Fish Children’s Foundation Tennis Championship spring tournament as requested. (1-3 hr commitment as a program)
- Submitting public release photos via email bi-monthly of programming taking place.
- Complete and submit program evaluation- Provide information about the program including attendance records, number of student participants by ethnic background, plus any other support information and feedback from the students and their families.
- Incorporate Mardy’s Six Healthy Habits throughout the program.
- Include the Mardy Fish Children's Foundation logo on all printed items
- Display provided MFCF Six Healthy Habits banner.
Application Submission Deadline:
Fall Programs: September 15, 2018
Spring Programs: January 15, 2019
Summer Program: May 15, 2019
Estimated Available Funds: We are inviting applications now to allow enough time to complete the grant process before the end of the current fiscal year.
Contingent upon the availability of funds and the quality of applications, we may make additional awards later in FY and in subsequent years from the list of unfunded applicants.
Average Award Range: $1000 to $2,000 per grant cycle.
Estimated Number of Awards: 4
SEA TURTLE SUMMER TENNIS PROGRAM
|Tennis Pro (@ per hr)||$240|
|Subtotal After School Personnel||$440|
|After School Non-Personnel Expenses|
|Balls (match and practice)||$160|
|End of Year Party||$100|
|Subtotal After School Non-Personnel||$610|